Discover a unique view of Singapore with Sentosa Cable Car
Skyline Luge is a unique attraction packed with fun, entertainment, and adventure. Being the first of its kind in Southeast Asia, it has grown to become a must-visit and a hotspot for fun-loving tourists.
Test your driving skills on the thrilling trails designed with slopes, tunnels, and turns, or hop on the Skyride for a scenic view of the garden city. Either way, you won’t be disappointed after your visit to Skyline Luge Sentosa.
Head on over to Sentosa Island and check out this action-packed activity. It is suitable for all ages and the perfect way to add some excitement to your visit!
What is Skyline Luge?
Invented in 1985 with its first establishment in Rotorua, New Zealand, Skyline Luge has spread to six different locations all around the globe. The luge in Singapore opened on August 26th, 2005, and has become a popular tourist hangout over the years. If you’re wondering what the fuss is all about, Skyline Luge is a self-driving car system that relies on gravity to enable its movement. You can think of it like a go-kart, except, instead of going in circles, you’ll be going down slopes.
The attraction comes with a Skyride that takes used carts, other equipment, and riders back to the starting point. Your ride uphill on the Skyride comes with spectacular views of the coastline of Singapore. You can also indulge in Night Luge, which happens on Fridays and Saturdays when the track is open till 9:30 PM. As you go down the tracks, you get an incredible view of Sentosa Island as the lights start to shimmer around you.
Why Visit Skyline Luge Sentosa
Located on the resort island of Sentosa is the world-famous Skyline Luge, because who doesn't love a massive playground packed with fun and adventure? For all the adrenaline junkies, Skyline Luge comes with 4 different tracks - Kupu Kupu, Expedition, Jungle, and Dragon Trail, each of which will leave you fueled with thrill and excitement. Defy gravity on the luge rides where you have full control over your descent!
The attraction combines the Skyride with the luge tracks to give you the best of air and land. A journey on the Skyride includes picturesque views of Singapore during the day, while a post-sunset view offers a breath-taking image of the city adorned with lights.
Skyline Luge Tracks
At Skyline Luge, you can choose from four different tracks to ride on:
- Dragon Trail: Weaving through the forest, the Dragon Trail is the longest track of all at 688m.
- Kupu Kupu Trail: Kupu Kupu is Malay for butterfly, and this 638m trail makes you feel like one as you ride down and feel the breeze in your hair.
- Expedition Trail: Head through the forest and tunnels with unpredictable twists and turns for your dose of adrenaline at this 658m track.
- Jungle Trail: Your ride begins in a tunnel covered with different plants, and as you go down the 628m trail you will encounter sharp corners and long straight tracks.
Image Source: Skyline Luge Sentosa
Skyline Luge Safety
- You will be briefed on luge safety by the instructors prior to your ride.
- Riders are not allowed to ride without a helmet.
- Please note that to ride alone, the minimum height restriction is 110 cm and the minimum age is six years old.
- Those with a back or heart condition and those who are pregnant cannot ride the luge.
- Ensure you wear secure loose clothes.
- Keep your hands on the handlebars at all times, and feet inside the cart.
- Please adhere to the signs and stay in control of your cart.
- You can pull the handle to slow down or stop.
- No handheld devices are to be used while luging.
Read more about the Luge Code of Conduct.
Other Sentosa Attractions
Sentosa Island is not just famous for its natural beauty, pristine beaches, and the surrounding aquamarine sea, but also its many attractions. Here are a few to look out for.
- To get to the Luge tracks, you will have to take the Skyride to the starting point all the way at the top.
- Check the weather forecast for the day. You should avoid days where it's likely to drizzle or rain.
- The best time to visit is on weekdays in the mornings. Try to avoid peak season and school/public holidays so you don’t have to wait in long lines.
- Wear comfortable clothing and footwear to make the most of your luge-riding experience. This will allow for easy movement along the tracks.
- Children below six must be accompanied by an adult. They can ride along with an adult and still be a part of the experience.
- Operating hours are between 11 AM to 9:30 PM on Fridays and Saturdays and 11 AM to 7:30 PM on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays. The last rides are at 9:15 PM and 7:15 PM respectively. Get there before that so you don’t miss out on the fun.
- Pay attention to the safety instructions that are explained before the ride. This will help you understand the vehicle and how to maneuver your movements throughout the ride.
Skyline Luge Sentosa: FAQs
You can choose between a standard ticket, a priority pass, and a special pass ticket (which will give you access to 3 attractions out of 5 Sentosa Island attractions).
Sentosa Skyline Luge Tickets and Priority Express pass tickets are only valid for the date and time of the booking. They cannot be cancelled or rescheduled. For the Jolly Sentosa Special Pass C tickets, you have 7 days to visit all attractions from the first day of ticket redemption.
Tickets cannot be cancelled or rescheduled. Check your tickets for a detailed look at the cancellation policy for each ticket.
On Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays, the Luge is open from 11 AM to 7:30 PM and from 11 AM to 9:30 PM on Fridays and Saturdays.
Skyline Luge is not wheelchair accessible. It is also not suitable for people with physical disabilities or bad knees as the tracks go downhill.
Yes. Lockers are available at Skyline Luge for a small fee.
It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to complete a track at Skyline Luge, however, it might take longer during peak days and public holidays when there are more people at the premises.
There are 4 different tracks to choose from - Kupu Kupu, Expedition, Jungle, and Dragon Trail, each with its own exciting features.